Get support

So you have identified that you or someone you know needs help – what next? The good news is that there is a lot of support available, and it will make a difference. In this section you can learn how to approach the person you’re worried about; tips for what to say and do; and how to seek further professional help.

Medical emergency

If you suspect someone may be in crisis or a medical emergency:

  • Call 000 (triple zero or 112 from a mobile)
  • Take them to the nearest hospital
  • Take them to see a GP
  • Tell medical staff that you suspect the person has an eating disorder

If the person you are worried about is a colleague or a work client, follow your organisation’s protocol for handling medical emergencies.

having the conversation

where to get help

services and treatments